What support is available?

Government Support for Renal Patients and their Families

The pages on the right are available to download or view.

If you are impacted by kidney disease, and you would like to speak with someone about support with finances such as your benefit, accommodation, or medication costs, please contact Ministry of Social Development in the first instance.

If you have been referred to hospital renal services, or are currently receiving supports from renal services, please ask to speak with the renal social worker. The renal social worker can advise about what entitlements you might expect, and can support you with the application process if needed.